Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving and other things

So it has been an eventful November for us here in Logan!  Most of the beginning of the month was me studying like crazy for my ABO certification test and Scott scouting out places to go duck hunting with his dad.  By the 16th, I was able to go down to Salt Lake and stay at my parent's new house for the weekend (since the test was only administered down there).  While I was there I got to go see Breaking Dawn with my sisters and some friends!  That was tons of fun!  But most of the rest of the time I got to spend just relaxing and playing with my nieces and nephew.  I swear my parents have some of the cutest grandbabies I know of!  Kristi's kids are hilarious!  Reese will just play in her room by herself and if you stand at the door and listen to her playing, you will have just as much fun as her!  Graham is a tank!  Just straight boy!  Such a cutie!  One of the funnest things was going to church with Kristi's family so we could watch the kids while she and Phil spoke.  To try and keep Reese quiet I asked her to tell me what I needed to do during the meeting.  She said "Number one, after they pass the sacrament, give me treats because I'll be hungry."  There was no number two. ;) Hahaha!  And with Jamie's little Norah, whenever we were anywhere with her, people would comment on how cute and happy she is.  She's just cute as can be, just like her mother!  So that was all before Thanksgiving.  Here's the photographic evidence of good times had:



Kristi's son, Graham, is becoming such a little chunk!  Love him!

His poor little scratches on his head.  They look like little horns. Haha!

At first he wasn't too thrilled about his food...

But then he loved it!  Look at that happy face!

I hope he likes his aunt as much as I love him!

Jamie's daughter, Norah, may just be the cutest little Hansen ever!  Look at her cute little dress and boots!


I loved being able to stay at my parent's new house and getting to see my sisters and their adorable children!
 
So then the Thanksgiving prep started (after Marie and I had the scariest drive ever on the way home to Logan!  The lines weren't visible in the middle of a crazy rain storm!).  So while Scott was out duck hunting with his dad, we had fun swimming at the hotel, going shopping, and seeing movies.  Lots of fun had by all to say the least!   See the pics for further details of the good times!

Over Thanksgiving break, I went with some of the girls from Scott's family to see Breaking Dawn!!!

Sitting by Becca and Caitlyn was awesome since they hadn't seen it yet.

1 of the 5 pans of rolls we made for the Thanksgiving feast!
The leftovers from Thanksgiving.

Here's what kept the kids entertained for quite a while.

It's amazing how much fun these guys were having with that I-Pad!


We all went to Angie's to try the Kitchen Sink Challenge (not on the same day as Thanksgiving mind you! That would have been far too much!). Charles and Marie shared one with me and Scott, while the Phelps and Jackson's got one for each of their families.

Our kitchen sink after we couldn't eat anymore.  We barely lowered the giant mound!  That was a lot of ice cream!

Here's the Phelp's kitchen sink.  They were able to make more of a dent than we did!

And then here's the Jackson's kitchen sink.  What else would you expect from the family that has 2 teenage boys! haha!   They got a bumper sticker for finishing it!


It was getting quite cold so we were trying to stay warm.

Jackson kids looking at the ducks with Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment